Serving Our Peers and Community • South High Community School • Worcester, MA

The Colonel Chronicle

44°

The Colonel Chronicle

The Colonel Chronicle

South Teachers Offer Inspiration, Advice
The Chronicle StaffMarch 1, 2024
Graphic by Canva.
“Miss! Can You Read My Article?” Students at South Drop Teacher’s Last Names
Anya Geist, Editor-in-Chief • March 1, 2024
Photo by The Colonel Chronicle.
Students Benefit From After-School Program
Anya Geist, Editor-In-Chief • February 16, 2024

Worcester Public Schools Updates COVID-19 Policy

covid%0A
covid

With the end of the pandemic, there has been a major change in the policies to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 disease. As of the 2023-24 school year, the Worcester Public School district has  implemented new policies that are less strict than they once were.

Symptomatic students are recommended to be dismissed and tested for the disease. Non-asymptomatic students can remain in school, regardless of being vaccinated and exposure.

If you test positive, you must isolate for five days, beginning on the day of your positive test results or the first day of symptoms. If your symptoms have improved after 5 days, you may return to school with a mask. If you test negative on day 6 or later, you may return without a mask. You may also return to school without a mask if ten days have passed.

For students who want to take precautionary measures, masks are available in the Health Center, and hand sanitizer is required to be in accessible areas.

Read the full policy here.