Serving Our Peers and Community • South High Community School • Worcester, MA

The Colonel Chronicle

44°

The Colonel Chronicle

The Colonel Chronicle

South Teachers Offer Inspiration, Advice
The Chronicle StaffMarch 1, 2024
Graphic by Canva.
“Miss! Can You Read My Article?” Students at South Drop Teacher’s Last Names
Anya Geist, Editor-in-Chief • March 1, 2024
Photo by The Colonel Chronicle.
Students Benefit From After-School Program
Anya Geist, Editor-In-Chief • February 16, 2024

Reflection Through Journaling

In my journey to finding peace of mind, and learning to love and appreciate myself, there has been one thing that has helped me most. Reflection. Reflecting on my actions and thinking about how I can be more mindful next time. But it’s not only my actions, it’s also reflecting on how other people treat me. Because of this, I’ve become more accepting of others’ shortcomings and hoping they find the peace to make better choices for themselves. Journaling has been a huge part of my journey. Journaling is a creative outlet for all sorts of things. Whether it’s been a good day, a bad day, or  just an “ok” day, reflecting on your day is always healthy. So I thought I would share some of my favorite journaling prompts:

• What do you want people to feel when they’re around you?

I love this journal prompt because I really value my social connections, and this helped me reflect about my relationships with others’ and really thinking about not only my intentions with others’ but their intentions with me.

• Write about the people you love most. Things that you love.

This prompt allows you to really reflect about everyone you are lucky to have in your life. It allows you to really think about everything good going on in your life. Another similar thing to do, is write about all the things you love. Whether it’s small things like sleeping and earrings, or something much much more meaningful to you.

• Write about feelings.

I love simple prompts like these because it just gives you a topic and the rest is up to you. It’s a nice way to get your feelings and opinions out.

These are some more simple prompts:

• Life
  • Friendship
  • Happiness
  • Mistakes
  • Music

But one thing to remember is that these prompts are just recommendations, journaling is a way for you to get your feelings out and express yourself. There is no right way to journal!