Serving Our Peers and Community • South High Community School • Worcester, MA

The Colonel Chronicle

44°

The Colonel Chronicle

The Colonel Chronicle

South Teachers Offer Inspiration, Advice
The Chronicle StaffMarch 1, 2024
Graphic by Canva.
“Miss! Can You Read My Article?” Students at South Drop Teacher’s Last Names
Anya Geist, Editor-in-Chief • March 1, 2024
Photo by The Colonel Chronicle.
Students Benefit From After-School Program
Anya Geist, Editor-In-Chief • February 16, 2024

Why Being Late is a Good Thing

Let me share my expertise of being fashionably late. Punctuality is so overrated – so, follow my lead and embrace the world of perpetual tardiness.

I like to see time as my own personal playground. Being late is my way of asserting dominance over the clock. When my teacher Ms. Vaidya expects me to be on time for physics class, I graciously show up late to remind her that time is nothing but a concept.

Crafting excuses is an essential skill. I once blamed my tardiness on a rogue flamingo invasion in my backyard. No one questioned it because, well, who can argue with flamingos?

I thrive on the thrill of last-minute rushes. Nothing says “I’m too cool for schedules” like frantically searching for my English book minutes before Ms. Ledoux’s class begins.

Create a world of unpredictability. Tell your friends you were trapped in a time warp while searching for your left shoe. They’ll have no choice but to admire your adventurous spirit.

When Coach Wheeler asks why you’re late, casually mention that you were “just around the corner” when, in reality, you were still in the middle of snacking and couldn’t pull yourself away from your delicious almonds.

If all else fails, blame cosmic forces. Tell everyone that the universe conspired against you by shifting the space-time continuum. It’s not your fault; it’s the cosmos!

When you finally arrive, make sure to enter the room like a superstar. Give them a taste of your unparalleled fashion sense and charisma. Who cares if you’re late? You’ve got style!

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Colonel Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of South High School - Worcester. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.