Serving Our Peers and Community • South High Community School • Worcester, MA

The Colonel Chronicle

46°

The Colonel Chronicle

The Colonel Chronicle

Get Ready for the 2024 International Show!
Jasmiley Schotborg, Contributor • April 8, 2024
Excuse Me, But How Polite Should We Be?
Excuse Me, But How Polite Should We Be?
Anya Geist, Editor-in-Chief • April 7, 2024
Students Share the Value of Ramadan
Students Share the Value of Ramadan
Anya Geist and Jugeiry PerezApril 7, 2024

Thinking About Snow Days: Letters from the Week of Feb. 26

Welcome to the first article in the Letter to the Editor Column! Here are our submissions:

Response to “Snow Day or Work Day”

I believe Damia Davis brings up an interesting topic that can tell a lot about the different types of students at South High. Though her interview responses do not show a lot of diversity in answers, it shows a lot about our peer’s motivation and drive. Who takes advantage of a snow day, getting work done, or maybe picking up a shift at their job to greaten their hustle?

Personally, I have insight on how teachers go about their snow days. My human anatomy teacher, Mrs. Apau, appreciates her snow days as it gives her time to spend with her children, but also to manage the other aspects of her life. She tells us that snow days give her the perfect opportunity to catch up on the never ending piles of papers to grade. 

As the daughter of a teacher, I see it in my home too. My mother likes to catch up on sleep, because being a teacher requires waking up early to be prepared to be the best teacher. But even then, she still puts effort in making a couple of hours to work during her day off.  It is important to understand that everyone has responsibilities, other than being a teacher or student, and we must maintain an equilibrium of work and leisure to establish a balance of mind.

by Alexandra Mattioli, ’24