Serving Our Peers and Community • South High Community School • Worcester, MA

The Colonel Chronicle

44°

The Colonel Chronicle

The Colonel Chronicle

South Teachers Offer Inspiration, Advice
The Chronicle StaffMarch 1, 2024
Graphic by Canva.
“Miss! Can You Read My Article?” Students at South Drop Teacher’s Last Names
Anya Geist, Editor-in-Chief • March 1, 2024
Photo by The Colonel Chronicle.
Students Benefit From After-School Program
Anya Geist, Editor-In-Chief • February 16, 2024

Drama Club Announces School Play for the Year

Editor’s Note: As of 02/07/24 the Drama Club has decided not to perform “The Crucible” and will instead be doing a roughly 1 hour showcase of many scenes chosen by Drama Club members to perform.

On Wednesday this week, October 25th, Ms. Dunlevy announced this year’s school play to the Drama. It will be Arthur Miller’s “The Crucible”!

“The Crucible” was written in 1953 and tells the story of Salem in 1692, creating a dramatized and partially fictionalized version of the infamous Salem Witch Trials. It is a tragic story of American history, involving religion, witchcraft, and fraud. “The Crucible” has been adapted into film and television, and has of course been performed numerous times on stage by professional acting groups and schools alike.

If you are interested in Drama Club or performing in “The Crucible,” you can email Ms. Dunlevy at [email protected]. Auditions will be held the week of October 30th, and you can always join as stage crew or as an extra.